Monday, March 1, 2010

Being at Choice

Everyone asks me,
What's going to happen?
I don't know.
What will you choose to do?

Proterrian


During the Bruka Theatre's delightful Valentine's Day production of "Love Squared," a character in the scene "Breakfast One" demonstrated his obsession with food by creating a cream puff. He told of how he lovingly rises before dawn to fire his wood stove to bake the pastry. On stage, he dolloped custard sauce and fresh cream between the pastry slices, then dabbled chopped hazelnuts and drizzled hot chocolate sauce on top of the decadent creation. With my mouth watering, I mumbled, "amazing." My friend, Lucie, turned to her husband and whispered, "I want that." The character handed off his creation to a lucky lady in the first row just as intermission began.


When I returned from freshening up, Lucie was eating the cream puff! Lucky Lady returned the puff to Nicky's Bar, and Lucie's husband asked for it. "Wow, Lucie, you're a powerful creator!" I told her. I must be too, because she shared huge bites with me, each one creating an eye-rolling ecstasy. In that moment of joyful awareness, I realized how most of the big intentions that Dana and I shared during our New Year's manifestation ritual have already come to pass, even before Valentine's Day! Remarkable!


My friend, Tim Glenn, is a spiritual reader, metaphysical teacher, and sound healer (soulpurposereadings.com). He's also a channel for Proterrian, quoted above, who are a collective of ascended master beings who offer us guidance during these times of transition and transformation. Tim, Proterrian, and other spiritual leaders practiced in the Law of Attraction, tell us that we are manifesting our desires more and more quickly these days. It's important, therefore, to safeguard our thoughts, to focus on what we truly desire rather than what we don't want.


However, in these days of crumbling systems, economic downturns, doomsday prophecies, and overall uncertainty about how our future will look, many of us are frightened, i.e. focusing on what we don't want, and desperately seeking answers out there in the world.


What are you envisioning in these times of turmoil and transformation?


What emotional response do you have to your vision?


What vision would bring you more strength and joy?


What inner guidance do you receive about how to prepare?


This is a time to turn away from fear-based thinking and much of our old programming. It's time to open our hearts. Proterrian offers advice for any season, but it's particularly helpful now:


1. Come from a loving heart

2. Put one foot in front of the other

3. Walk in faith


What and who in your life opens your heart?


How can you be more patient and present in the moment?


Where do you find faith and inspiration within?


I notice more and more that my heart holds my passion to make a difference in service to my community. My heart serves as my compass.


My mind helps to create the path for my loving, creative expressions, as long as I don't give it too much control.


What my heart creates, I hold as sacred. What my mind desires, I hold without attachment.

3 comments:

  1. Denise, Thank you for these bold statements and provocative questions of inquiry. I find when I follow that beautiful truth of holding sacred what my heart creates and stay unattached to what my mind desires a peace and balance come forth and allow me to smile even through the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,
    Yes, I see your peace and balance, so inspiring to me! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it seems so difficult to just put that one foot in front of the other. Thank you for being so persistent in your ability to show the way! I am truly inspired by your generous nature and your desire to help us all through these tough times.

    ReplyDelete